If your device disconnects from your home WiFi networks when taken outside there a few possible causes:
- If you go outside the range of your Internet router/ network range.
- A typical 2.4GHz can reach around 150ft indoors (46meters) or 300ft (92meters) of unobstructed outdoors.
- A 5 GHz can only reach about a third of the distance as a 2.4GHz.
- If router is in basement of home and the Tappecue is outside of your home there may not be a strong enough signal.
- If your BBQ pit/ Smoker (location of your Tappecue) has a garage/carport between, the signal cannot be sent through a garage door (metal door).
If your device does disconnect:
- Take the Tappecue next to your network router and make sure it is able to connect.
- Try another location within your home (Between the router and BBQ pit/ smoker).
- Lastly, try again by your smoker/ BBQ pit.