- Do I need to set up via Tappecue set-up program? No, there is no more need to connect to the computer, all set-up and changes can be made via the Tappecue unit itself.
- Does this Tappecue require the use of a computer at all? No, not unless your going to do a manual update (beta testers).
- How do I update the Tappecue's Firmware? Updates are sent out via the cloud and the Tappecue unit will run updates automatically. We will send out a notice (via email) for when a update is coming. Your Tappecue will also alert you with a message upon powering on that there is an available update.
- After the update you will need to power off the Tappecue and reboot it.
- How will I know if an update is needed? We will send out an email announcement about the update.
- Do I need to plug in probes in a specific order for Offline Mode? No, Offline Mode can be turned on and off in the WiFi settings on the Tappecue unit.
- How do I know if I am in Offline Mode? The WiFi signal logo will change in the top right corner.
- How do I know if I have have WiFi? There will be a WiFi signal in the top right corner. If it is not connected there will be an "X" through the symbol.
- Why use Offline Mode and not a Bluetooth? Offline mode gives you a greater range (180 ft) and more reliability over Bluetooth. In addition to this, you can have multiple Mobile Devices connect via Offline Mode, whereas you only have one with Bluetooth. We made this feature to help our customers who are competitors.
- Can I switch back and forth from Offline Mode to Online? Yes, and its very simple to do so! Just do it under the WiFi settings on your Tappecue unit.
- How long does the Tappecue's internal battery last? It will hold a charge for approximately 14 hours.
- Can I connect my new Tappecue to my existing account? Yes, you can connect as many Tappecue's to an account as you wish.
- How many Tappecues can I connect to my Account? As many as you wish!
- What if I want to change the Account the Tappecue is connected to. Simple, go into the settings > Account > Account Reset.
- Is it possible to rename a Tappecue without re-registering it? Yes, settings > Device Name
- What is the Temperature threshold of Tappecue? We are unsure we have had people use the Tappecue in 20 F below temperatures with little issue (all it requires is some form of insulation, ie. a towel). The upper end is 225 F when the case will begin to melt.
- Do I have to use the power cable provided? No, if you have one with the same voltage output and size it will work.
- Does the Tappecue require a special stylist to use? No, you can use the one provided or use any stylus or pen.
- Is there a way to turn off the Tappecue alarm (from the unit itself)? Yes, from the Tappecue settings gear, then select Mute Buzzer, Yes.
- Will the Tappecue screen go to sleep if it left unattended? No, but we are wanting to add this feature (ie. coming soon).
- Can I re-calibrate the probes? No the probes are calibrated using a very complex equation that is compatible with the Tappecue unit.
- Is there a warranty for my Tappecue? Yes there is a ONE YEAR manufacturers warranty for your Tappecue for any manufacturing related issues. This does not include issues related to abuse or damage from use.
- Is the Tappecue Water Proof? No, it is water resistant, meaning that it will do fine in rain and indirect moisture just do not submerge in water.
- Will my old Tappecue Probes work with my new Tappecue? Yes they will!
V3 FAQs Print
Modified on: Mon, 1 Apr, 2019 at 3:05 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.