Start a new topic

General Discussion

Thanks for being a beta tester.

Let us know your feedback here.

Anyone needing to revert back to the production software, change your setting on your Tappecue ALLOW BETA to NO.

Then follow the link here.

NOTE, the attachment on this link must be downloaded on your computer somewhere..

https://tappecue.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/13000050698-manual-update-procedures-beta-testers-

Received the splitter in the mail yesterday. Hooked it up this morning. I like what I see. I noticed that if I plug into the white side it displays as normal 4 probe and if I plug into the red it will split the box into 2 sections. The white side is displayed on the left and the red is displayed on the right, do you have some way on the final splitter to manage this? I took and placed colored electrical tape on the adapter to match the color of the probe, I also placed white and red tape on the prove to identify them.  I'll plan on cooking with it tomorrow. 

I tried to start a session with a splitter in probe 1. Before I started the session, I could see two temperatures (1A and 1B) listed as probes 1 and 5 on the Tappecue screen. Once I started the session, the screen switched to the 4 box layout and all temps were listed as --°. The app said that all temps were --°. After two minutes or so, I tapped on the green box on the Tappecue (probe 1), and it showed me a temperature. When I closed the probe 1 focus screen, I got 4 boxes, all with --°. after a few seconds, I got two boxes in probe 1 with temps there, and when I returned to the app, I could see both probes there. I need to see what Frank's API is returning for probes 5 through 8 so I can update the Creative Cloud extension to accommodate 8 probes!

Ah, how sweet it was. After about 5 min, the split probes disappeared. They reappeared for a minute or so, but at -25 degrees. Now back to gone. I’m leaving it on overnight.

I think the issue here is the fact that it's a Frankenstein splitter rather than a single adapter. Since there are three connections between the probe and the Tappecue, there is a lot of noise in the connection. I'd recommend sourcing a splitter without the extra attachments. Even a 2.5mm to 3.5mm would reduce the noise by one connection. 

I've just wasted 20 min trying to find one that will do the job, but no soap. Not sure where to go from here, but I'm likely to make my own from parts to see if the noise will be less.

Hi James,

You are correct, it is the splitters.  I found that if I push them in and twist them, it hits the sweet spot.

We have also been making our own splitters using this part from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076DQKDPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It also makes an extension cable.  We split off the female ends and then wire the 2 females to the 1 male and heat shrink them together.

This seems to work better.  

We received 1 sample of a manufactured splitter and it was wired wrong.  We've asked the company that makes the one we purchased from Amazon if they would want to manufacture for us and are waiting for a sample from them as well.

I received an email from Frank Dice yesterday that the shared API has been updated for the 8 temperature readings!  Yay!

Thanks to Frank.

Thanks for testing and let me know how it goes!

Gina

1 person likes this

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback (see below).

That is a great observation about whether it shows up as single or double pane and I will bring it up to the engineer.

On the splitter we were going to see about ordering 8 colored sleeves to be put on and try to get the app to match the colors.

Still working on what colors and if we can do this.

Gina

Received the splitter in the mail yesterday. Hooked it up this morning. I like what I see. I noticed that if I plug into the white side it displays as normal 4 probe and if I plug into the red it will split the box into 2 sections. The white side is displayed on the left and the red is displayed on the right, do you have some way on the final splitter to manage this? I took and placed colored electrical tape on the adapter to match the color of the probe, I also placed white and red tape on the prove to identify them.  I'll plan on cooking with it tomorrow. 

I didn't

I have submitted a patch to the Adobe Exchange. 

The Tappecue Panel for Adobe Creative Cloud, once approved, will support 8 probes.

Great news and thank you James!

Login or Signup to post a comment